Henry Ford Hospital
bone.joint.center

Copyright 2017 Henry Ford Bone and Joint Center ©

Home

Research

Personnel

Opportunities

Documents

Contact Us

Henry Ford Bone & Joint Center

Integrative Biosciences (iBIO) Center


The Wayne State University Integrative Biosciences (iBIO) Center is a $90 million project that includes plans to renovate and re-purpose approximately 127,700 gross square feet of existing space in the former 1927 Dalgleish Cadillac dealership building designed by famed architect Albert Kahn, and construct an additional 78,000 gross square feet of new companion building fronting Woodward Avenue. The project represents an innovative opportunity to redevelop an entire 2.75 acre city block that is currently vacant real estate, further contributing to the economic revitalization of the immediate neighborhood and Mid-town Detroit.  In addition, there is sufficient adjoining space in this block, which is located in TechTown (WSU’s Research and Technology Park) and just two blocks from Henry Ford Health System’s corporate headquarters.  The Bone & Joint Center research laboratories will occupy approximately 15,000 square feet on the first floor of the building.  

Bike storage room, modeled by Jamie Fitzgerald (Room 1069)

Photos taken on June 1, 2015